Banner

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Masquerade

A year of tumult.
An age of irration.
Heart's bitter contempt,
A high security prison.
A prior love,
Turned exceptional fiend.
An extraordinary facade.
You're not at all what you seemed.
Deceit on your mind.
Venom on your tongue.
The maddening ache of hunger.
A howl builds in my lungs.
Stop this masquerade,
Discard your mask!
Your two faces,
Have fulfilled their task!
I believed in the myth,
I trusted in a lie.
Begone, Traitorous Dog!
Bury this deceit, to die!
An era of disillusion,
A moment of doubt.
A flicker of truth,
Your misdeeds- I must surmount.
A beloved friend,
Turned treacherous knave.
A sum is due-
Give me back all that I gave.
The looming darkness,
Corrupting my dreams.
A shoddy mirage,
Nothing is as it seems!
Halt this charade!
Your soul has fled south.
Reveal your forked tongue,
Laying stagnant in your mouth.
A frigid betrayal.
A monstrous slight.
Farewell, Demon!
I hope your lies keep you warm at night!
By: Amanda C. Haury; December 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment